We would like to invite you to participate as an exhibitor at the 2017 Extreme Weather Ready Expo. This award-winning expo is the largest public event of its type in the nation. Topics to be discussed at the expo include weather forecasting, the outlook for the 2017 hurricane season, updated evacuation information, making a family disaster plan, and information about power restoration after a storm.
Hurricane Ike clearly demonstrated that Southeast Texas has come a long way in being prepared for a major hurricane. By being an exhibitor, you can provide valuable information and services to expo attendees while hurricane preparedness is fresh on their minds. This event continues to be free to the public, thanks to the generous support of its sponsors and exhibitor fees paid by you.
Theme: Extreme Weather Preparedness
Workshop Date: Saturday, June 3, 2017
Workshop Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: George R. Brown Convention Center, Downtown Houston
Fees: Free and open to the general public
Workshop Format: The entire workshop will be held in Exhibit Hall A of the George R. Brown Convention Center
• All areas are wheelchair accessible
• Servies provided for hearing impaired
• Key sessions will be provided in Spanish
• Primary – General Public (Family-Friendly)
• Secondary – Private Industry, Government, First Responders
Expected Total Attendance: 2,500 – 3,000 people
Set-up Time: Friday, June 2 from 3–6 PM and Saturday, June 3 from 6–9 AM
Exhibit Open: 10 AM–3 PM
Strike Down Time: Saturday, June 3 from 3–5 PM
Sales: Exhibitors may sell any products or services excluding food or beverages. Vendor is responsible for all taxes. Sales permits are not required by City of Houston for this event.
Benefits: Exhibitors will be listed on this web site through January following the expo with hyperlinks to their web sites where applicable. Supply a company logo and have it featured on the website as well.
Paid Registration Includes: One booth space (10' x 10') with an 8 foot table and 2 chairs.
• Dedicated Internet and electrical services will need to be reserved in advance.
• 120V, 2000 Watt, duplex outlet – $126 ($164 after May 1)
• Wireless Internet purchased at event using credit card – $12.95
• Exhibitors will provide their own signs, carpet, power cords, lighting, audio-visual equipment, and any other display items.
• Exhibitors are responsible for their booth and equipment security.
• We encourage all exhibitors to consider using interactive demonstrations to improve traffic to their displays.
Registration Deadline: May 1, 2017
For-profit registrations postmarked after May 1 will be charged an additional $50 late fee.
Non-profit registrations postmarked after May 1 will be charged an additional $25 late fee.
Click here to register online now. Payment will need to be mailed separately after submitting the form.
Interested in becoming a Kids Zone Exhibitor this year? Click here.